Sunday, February 17, 2008

2.52

Stoked with the result today. It took a while to get going as I was seeded in the b group so didn't get to 10k until well over 40 mins (40.40 approx), I suppose the leak at 8k didn't help. Focussed on maintaining 4k/m until around 34k and then started to slow. At 40k I knew I was on course for around 2.52 so just held steady until the end without pushing the pace.
Big bear stormed home in 3.13 for a massive pb(25 mins quicker than Canberra last yr). Super effort by the Bear and deserves it with all his hard work. Great support out on the course (my wife Liv, sis in law Gillo and Jen and Katlyn). The Japanese really love the marathon, the crowds lined the course from start to finish (approx 1.7m cheering 25,000 marathon runners throu' the streets of Tokyo.
I will use the Tokyo marathon as a springboard to my racing exploits in 2008. Delighted with my effort when you consider I only started running again in Oct (weighing a chunky 87kg - lost 9kg in the process). Already looking forward to the next one but for now I will head out on the town with Big Bear and the crew tonight....

8 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats Kid- great start to 2008. looking forward to the garmin info

Unknown said...

Good stuff mate. About what I expected, but convinced you're going to suddenly leap forward in the next 4 weeks. Augurs well for the rest of the year.

Superflake said...

Great run Dave. Congratulations.

Tucks said...

That's a great time, sounds like Japan is a top place to run a marathon

geraldine said...

Congratulations Dave, that's excellent. Looking forward to catching up with you guys when you get back. Also Happy Birthday!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Dave - super effort. Your dedication has been clear to see. Enjoy it.

ed said...

Congrats mate!!!!!!!!!!
Great effort and Happy Bday also
Ed

David Criniti said...

Well done mate. So... what will you re-name the blog now?
Unc