Saturday, February 2, 2008

10K Lane Cove

After last week's 5km Bay run I wasn't sure how I'd run today. I was chatting to Tom earlier in the week and told him I'd like to run around 36.10. I plugged my Bay 5km time in Macmillian's calc and http://www.mcmillanrunning.com/mcmillanrunningcalculator.htm out came 36.44. To be honest, I preferred the time I mentioned to Tom.
Anyhow got to Lane Cove early and got a decent warm-up in with Mike Conway and Durante. Bumped into Uncle Dave http://davidcriniti.blogspot.com/ and we chatted about his plans for the year. Got off to a decent start and after 1.5km realised I would not be able to keep with Durante and Mike (I was beginning to think Macmillian was bang on the money). After about 2k Tim Cradock came by and I decided to settle into my own pace. I actually felt good on the hills and pulled a few people back on scribbly and later on after the 5km mark. Got to 5km in 18.16 and hand a bit of a tussle with Peter Walker on hill climb up to the 5.36 turnaround. After the turn I don't think anyone passed me. I passed a few runners on the way back to finish. I was surprised to pass Mike at the 8km marker. I caught sight of Durante and tried to reel him in but to no avail. I put a decent last km of 3.18 but I think Durante ran a tad quicker. Finished up with 36.09. Happy with the time and with a little bit of a taper hopefully I will run a bit quicker at the state 10k in Homebush.
There were some great runs out there today, Tim Cradock and Durante both nudged under the 36 min mark. Uncle Dave ran a stellar sub 33 mins. Eoin Reville ran 37.3X which is a great effort considering his training for the Ironman in Port Macquarie. Big Bear just keeps getting better notching up another pb running 41.30. Fats also ran very well 35.2x which sets him up nicely for the sixfoot.
Got out for a 7km run afternoon and worked on some strength training. Looking forward to the last long run the morning. 2 week left to Tokyo...apparently it was snowing in Tokyo yesterday a far cry from the conditions we are experiencing in Sydney.

1 comment:

David Criniti said...

Dave,

If you're doing that time at Lane Cove, I'd bank on at least 30 secs quicker on the track.

Plus you'll be another week fitter

Unc