Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hear Be Monsters

Fri: Took the day off from running. My achilles was a little tender after the 400s on Thurs.

Sat: 16k with a 5km tempo in the middle (17.40 for the 5k).

Sun: Out with a large crew for a 36k long run. In order to meet Conway and Co I needed to run sub 4 m/k straight up. Settled into a nice easy pace for the first of 3 10k loops. The pace was the 1st loop was around 4.34 and around 4.25 for the 2nd one. Enda and a few others finished after 20k. I was keen to push the last loop and 2 guys came with me as we rolled through the first 2k averaging 4.05 pace, as we left the park I brought the pace down to 3.55. The guys fell off at around 5k and I maintained the pace until the bottom of the Wollahra hill (I didnt push the pace as Tom not to push hills with a tender achilles). Ended up finishing the 10k loop in around 39.45 and was very surprised to see Mr Conway finishing up around 30 secs behind me. Ran home and covered 36.5k for the day averaging 4.18 pace. Glad to get through the session. Didnt really feel the achilles until the end of the session.
Great win for the swannies, the storm and Europe....Christ Liverpool even won at the weekend!


Mon: 30 min easy down in Kensington oval.

I've been listening to all my old records recently and came across Ed Harcourt's 'Hear Be Monsters'. The album was released in 2001. He came down to play in Sydney in 2003 and played in a small intimate gig downstairs in Civic which is a very unusual place for a gig. I was there with Tomas Lyons aka Mossy. There was probably only 50 odd people at the gig and there's myself and Mossy drinking red on school night. The album had some great tunes. I've included two of my favourites.

Apple of my eye




Shanghai

No comments: