Thursday, October 4, 2012

Achilles...

Tues: 10 by 3 mins off 1 min
Large HuRTs crew in attendance. Pretty straightforward session and one of my favourites. I was aiming to run 3.20 pace and for the majority of the reps kept to that pace. There were some reps slightly quicker. Never really felt comfortable during the session, legs just felt heavy. Post session, the calves were very tight and the achilles was tender. The 400s & 800s are definitely giving my achillles some grief so I will give these sessions a miss until I can get the achilles under control.

Wed: MLR
Ran into work (40 mins)
Decided not to run with the HuRTs as I was keen to avoid the hills. Ran for 70 mins around 4.30 pace apart from 5km in the middle where I ran with Charlie Low & Renaud. I will take the next two days off to settle the achilles and will give the striders 10k a miss at the weekend. Pity really as I was looking forward to racing.

1 comment:

Enda said...

What Kanser? Does this mean I win the $50 you bet you'd beat me by 40 seconds?