Monday, September 3, 2012

Coastal Classic

I was looking forward to this run. The plan was to run it relatively easy until 17k (the 2nd drink station) and run hard from there. That didn't really happen as I fell a number of times on my way to the 2nd drink station. I even contemplated pulling out at that stage but told myself to stop whining about some cuts and bruises and just run to the finish. I ran with Mike Race most of the way and he too found it quite difficult to get into a rhythm. I suppose I am not really cut out for technical trail courses. Anyhow it's an interesting way to spend 2 hrs 55 min on a Saturday morning. In saying that, Mike Race and I were the only ones complaining, everyone else was looking forward to another crack at it next year. Mike and I ended up running an additional 2k as the course was sabotaged by some rouge fishermen. We weren't the only unfortunate ones as some of the front runners ended up running an additional 5-6k.
Out today with the HuRT squad for 50 mins easy. Conway was complaining about the length of the striders course. He really just needs to pick a 10k course and smash his way to sub 35 mins...he should have no excuses...next time around!

No comments: