Monday, September 17, 2012

1.16.56 Sydney Half

Very disappointed with yesterdays performance. I suppose it's not too difficult to pinpoint the reasons why! First up having a massive night for Big Bears 40th on Friday didn't help but in the past I have backed up and ran pretty well 24 hrs later.
I was planning on sticking with Macca and could only stay with him for 2km. I struggled early on with the pace and it wasn't that fast (3.30km/m). My breathing was heavy and laboured and decided to hang back and let Macca go and catch Fenton and Heyden. Possibly my warm-up (just did a few strides) wasn't substantial enough. Didn't enjoy coming out of the Domain and from about 8k onwards until 15k a load of runners came by me. I didn't even put a fight which is all the more disappointing. From 15k I felt a tad better, I didn't really increase the pace, I probably just maintained it and it felt like I cruised to the finish.
Some great performances out there today, Fats definitely had the run of the day 1.12.5x and is looking very good for Melbourne. He will have no problem smashing his pb. Macca, Heyden and Fenton all had very good races. Though in saying that based on Fenton's training, he should be a good minute ahead of the guys. Chalks paced Col Gibbons perfectly to a sub 3.30 marathon in 3.28. Well as Timmy would say 'it's back to the drawing board'

1 comment:

Tim said...

at least you got something out the wreck in a poor run in that you still beat Enda