Saturday, September 3, 2011

PB Central

Well what a morning in North Head! It was a perfect morning for running and there were some great times. I'm not a huge fan of the new course so those that did achieve PB's will be definitely run faster on a quicker course.
TImmy called over early and collected myself, Gerso and Katie. Plenty of nervous energy in the car as everyone was gunning for a pb (apart from auld Kanser). Met up with Tom who was even more nervous and complained about poor Bek who had a bug and kept him up all night. He also forgot to take his magic gel...
Well it was great watching the front runners, Tom ran over the top of Truscott to win in 32.24, fantastic run and a great PB. Great to see our HuRT leader take out a striders race and make no mistake about it, that's what you get when you put in solid training for a number of years. Rich HIgh and Timmy had a great battle with only 3 seconds separating them. Rich got the better of his older counterpart but auld Timmy smashed his pb with a super 34.27 run.
I ended up running 36.42 which is my best time for the year and I was very pleased to run a very even race. Struggled in the opening few kms, hit half way in 18.22 and came home strong. I have been focussing on tempo sessions recently so I will aim to get a little more speed sessions in (400s & 800s) and hopefully knock more time off for the next striders race in Oct.
Well what can I say about Katie and Gerso, both cruised to PBS, Katie smashed her pb by over 2 mins to run 45.21 and Gerso ran 43.50 which is 90 secs quicker than her previous best.
Ended up running back home with the girls, which to be honest was pretty tough with all the hills. I think we were running for about 1 hr 50...I was shattered when I got home. That's the last long run for the girls who prep has gone oh so well for the marathon...they've put in the work so I expect them to smash it up!

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Good run Dave. Great runs by the girld to.