Sunday, October 3, 2010

Lovin' it

Fri: 50 mins easy
Sat: 10k Striders in Homebush in 36.58, after a fast 1st km in 3.24 I had nothing in the legs...after 5km....knew I was dead in the water and decided to relax and enjoy the rest of the race....average performances by the HuRT squad even though Tucks finished 2nd and Tom finished 3rd..
In the arvo, I got out for an easy 10k in centennial, legs were tight but felt better after each km.
Sun: Out for a long run in the arvo, ran 10k in 48 mins on my own. Then ran 3 by 8k loops with Mike Conway. Mike was keen to mantain 4.30 pace. Each loop was with a few seconds either side of 36 mins so 4.30 pace. I was feeling fine, stopped for water at the Kiosk (after 34k) and jogged back in 4.50 pace for the remaining 2k... All up around 2hr 46 mins...shattered at the end...got to the door and consumed lots of carbs...
I am really enjoying my running again...not sure what it is but lovin' it...

No comments: