Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tell Timmy I am coming for him!!!

Mon:
Ran to and from work, even though that's only 8-9k all up, it will help me shed the extra kgs I'm carrying and also it's good to get the extra kms in the legs. At lunch met up with the HuRT squad and ran 10k easy.
Tues:
Ran to and from work
Met up with the HuRT squad for a 45 min fartlek (1 min hard, 30 sec easy). Covered 11.18km. Took it easy on the way out, Timmy and his gang caught me just before the Opera house. Managed to say ahead of Timmy who could barley call the interval splits towards the end of the session. Seems to have a different version on his blog
Wed:
Ran into work work and met up with the HuRT squad for a MLR, the issue with working down in Shelley St is that it takes me 7 mins to get to the squad. Ran half way up heartbreak hill with Tom, Binfield, Russel and Ben St Lawerence. At Double Bay I realise I would struggle to get back to work for my 2pm meeting so I skipped the Darling point route and headed straight back to work. To be honest I was starting to struggle coming out of Double Bay via the aptly named marathon road. Turned the garmin off during the run but reckon I covered approx 20k in 1hr 36 mins. The legs were very heavy at the end of the session. As Tom pointed out in his blog, the C2S will be a great race this year as there's some great Aussie runners in the field. Here's hoping Ben goes all out and wins it this year...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

.........What with? A family size Hawaiian pizza and large Mud Cake?....No good on you mate, looks like your getting some form back.
It might be time for me to take the rest of the year off, and begin the festive season early this year:)
Cheers