Thursday, September 11, 2008

Which runners to wear...

Mon: Cross training day that included some cardio (bike work & the ecliptr) and some lights weights and core work

Tues: Ran into work and at lunch met up with the HuRT Squad for a session of 5 mins by 6. Legs were a little tired from the weekend efforts but I ran with the front group who that included Charlie, Muz, Serg, Durante and fast improving Steve Thurston. The pace of each rep was relatively consistent (about 3.18 k/m). The last one was slightly faster in 3.11 k/m. Running another 2 reps was an option as I was feeling pretty strong but I need to stick to my taper plan.
After work met up with Gerso for a 9k easy around the domain.

Wed: Forced rest day - too busy to get out!

Thurs: The plan was for 800s but the council were resurfacing the oval at 6.45am. Changed the session to 400s in and around rushcutters. I ran 10 reps avg'ing 72 off 60 secs. I felt a little flat and was surprised given I had a day off on Wednesday.

At the moment I am struggling to make a decision of which runners to wear in Berlin. I am having difficulty in securing Nike Zoom Elite in Australia so it's looking increasing likely that I will wear Nike Peagaus TC (light weight version of peagaus) OR Adizero Breeze. I need to test the breeze tomorrow. In saying that Big Bear is in the US and will get Nike Zoom marathoner and Saucony Sinister. Decisions, Decisions...I'm sure I'll make the right one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Big Bear. Should have been out at Hickson Road with us mate.

Dave Kane aka 'Kanser' said...

The Bear is in the US putting on more weight...drinking cocktails and going for the extra large portion. Happy Birthday mate.