Thursday, September 18, 2008

Back in the Emerald Isle

Joined up with the HuRT Squad on Tuesday for a fartlek session. 1 min on 30 sec float. With the 800 session in the morning i was planning on running 25 mins hard with the squad, I joined up with the boys 8 mins into the session. Steve Thurston, Serg, Tom, Muz and a new guy Ryan were out in front. Stuck with the boys at the front and felt pretty comfortable. Steve and I got away from the front group along Hickson Road and I stayed with Steve until my 25 mins was up. Steve is really showing his form at the moment I hope Tom or one of the boys drag him out to the next Striders 10k race.
On Tues evening, I met up with some of the HuRT Squad (Tom, Enda, Terence, Chalks -soon to join the group, Charlie, Durante) for a few beers in the bavarian beer cafe). Of course we had more than a couple of beers and I really struggled to get up for work on Wednesday. Not sure who to blame but it always seems to be myself Tom and Durante propping up the bar at the end of the night.
I must be getting use to the long haul flight as it wasn't too bad. Went out for a 45min easy jog around my hometown this morning. Apparently the weather has been terrible recently but it was beautiful and sunny this morning.
Will take it easy from now until Berlin. Just a mix of easy 40-50 min sessions with the odd marathon pace thrown in.
I will head down to Glandore in Cork for Mossie's wedding on Saturday and then travel around Ireland for 5 days before heading off to the race.

No comments: