Tuesday, April 24, 2012

10 weeks left to the Gold Coast

Sat: No chance for a run as we moved house...pretty shattered after that and I didn’t even lift a box :)

Sun: Ran from the new place in Kensington to centennial for 3 laps of the 8k loop. Tim was a no show but had the pleasure of the company of Chalks and Eoin.

  • Lap 1: 4.50 km/m
  • Lap 2: 4.22 km/m
  • Lap 3: 4.03 km/m (Chalks only ran 2-3 km of this one but I was pretty impressed that he hung on for so long. Eoin was pretty strong on the last rep.

Ran back to Kensington for a big breaky with the boys...even test out the pool, the water was nice and cold. 30k all up for the day

Mon:
  • 40 mins easy at lunch
  • Ran home in the evening, a little longer than Surry Hills, it’s just short of 8k according to the garmin.
Tues: Hills
It was a very long warm up from Kensington to the bottom of Bellevue hill in Double Bay (about 8km). Auld Timmy spotted me on my way to meet the boys. Met up with the Irish boys (POD, Enda & Clyde) for a hill session (5 by 3 mins on Bellevue Hill). I was thinking only 5 reps! But after 3 reps I was very happy we were only doing 5! Enda led out each rep, I was just behind him with Clyde and POD a few meters back. It stayed like that for the remainder of the session apart from the last one where I finished line ball with Enda. Tough session, obviously I need to do more work on them hills. I was shattered by the end of the session. All up 21km for the morning.
10 weeks left to the Gold Coast, pretty happy with my training to date...just need to keep it consistent!

2 comments:

Enda said...

No way you were 'line ball' on that last one Kanser!

Roz said...

Looked line ball to me bro! :)