Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thoughts turn to Glenbrook

Well i've entered the 34k race in Glenbrook next weekend, I need a 6foot qualifier and it looks like the easiest race on the calendar.

Wed: Easy 10k with Berger from work who is also running 6foot, we chatted about the race and training required to run a successful race. Essentially I need to get back training on the hills....like Guinness it will give me strength ;)

Thurs: (4 by 2k)
Out with the HuRT squad, i was planning (3.25 pace) as I am still a little worried about my calf. Basically ran with Jono for the 1st 3 reps (6.42, 6.38, 6.36), calf was tighting up so I opted to take it a little easier for the last rep. Ran with Tom, Conway and Clyde and hit the first km in 3.27, then with about 700m left, Clyde started to kick down, I went with him and for some reason he told to 'go', i pushed on with Jason A who put a few seconds into me in the last 100m but managed to run the last km in 3.08. Happy with the session. Tucks took it easy today, Timmy was in a world of pain..he looked a broken man finishing the last rep...he needs to drop over to the house at the weekend for some breaky.....actually my daughter is already into this running lark, she whizs by me and says 'Daddy look at me, I'm very fast'. This morning she was telling me 'i'm faster than Timmy'....oh dear maybe she is right! Well on the evidence today, she's not wrong!!!

No comments: