Monday, October 14, 2013

Take two...Houston we have a problem..

Ok a bit of a false start last time around but I am determined to update my blog on a regular basis to track my kms but also keep me on track for the Houston marathon on 19th Jan 2014. I've been travelling quite a lot recently and put on a few kilos so keen to get back on the road. Whilst travelling I did manage a 5k Park run in Malahide, Dublin in 18.12 which is not too bad given the amount of Guinness I had the night before. I followed up that 5k with an 18.20 in St Peter's Sydney which again was decent enough considering I just got off the plane from Munich. On Sat 12th Oct, I ventured out to centennial park and ran 5k hard on my own in 18.30. A tad slower than the previous week but I ran quite a lot last week. Yesterday I got out early with Tom and Steve Thurston for a long run. We took in the hilly coastal run which I found pretty tough. Coming up out of Bondi was tough and I think Tom took it easy on us. Anyhow managed to get through 2hrs (26k) which is my longest run since the start of the year. Lots of work to do but you got start somewhere..

No comments: