Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Turning a corner

I've been struggling since I got back from my shark trip. The chest infection seem to hang around for a little longer than expected.
I ventured out to North Head on Saturday and pulled the plug after 5k, I was struggling with my breathing and just felt terrible. Took a few days off and tried again yesterday (5 by 1k off 90 secs). I struggled again and couldn't even hit 3.30 pace. Went back to the doc this morning and my chest has more or less cleared up. He reckons I will be fine i a day or two, it just takes a few days to get over these things. As a precaution I did a number of blood tests and will have the results on Friday morning. Given I always have a low white blood count he will focus on any significant variations from my last test in Jan.
I decided to get out for a run at lunch, ran over to Balls head and back (about 55 mins) and felt surprisingly good. The hills were a lot easier...bumped into Tucks on the way out. It will be touch and go if he makes the start line.

No comments: