Sunday, March 18, 2012

The pin has been pulled...

Yep, made a call on the weekend to pull the pin on Rotterdam. It wasn't the easiest decision but after chatting to some of my running mates (sorry Tom, didn't consult you as I knew exactly what you'd say to me :), it was pretty clear that I would not achieve my goal of a fast marathon with 3 weeks of haphazard training.
So I will focus on getting better and target Gold Coast in July. I'm not a huge fan of the Gold Coast as it's a very boring marathon but as Uncle Dave put it 'it's flat, fast, you can put your drinks out, no jet lag etc..'
Got back on the road today, felt like going long but decided to go for an easy 50 min. Really want to make sure I'm over the virus before pushing it...so will run easy for the next few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave, Thats a bugger about the marathon. See you at Gold Coast.RP