Sunday, November 6, 2011

Second Coming - 34.44

Well after over 2 years, I broke 35 mins for 10k!! What a relief to say the least. I reckon my forced taper helped. Went to the physio on Thurs evening and he gave me the go ahead to race. My left SI was very tight which was a concern given I'd had a stressie in my right back in 2009.
The weather Gods also were also hampering my chances with the forecast for 32c on Sunny. Rocked up to meet Timmy, Fenton, Tucks, High & Laura. Everyone was concerned about how hot it was but I just focused on running as hard as I could to break 35.
When the gun went off, I just ran hard from the start keeping High and Fenton in focus which was pretty easy as the straights were pretty long. Hit 3k in just over 10mins, soon after Fenton passed Richy High. I got on the back of Richy between 3k and 4.5k and when I felt he was slowing i passed him. Went by the lead girl and a few others and tried to keep Fenton in eyesight from there to the finish. Went by 5k in 17.05 feeling comfortable but from then on the heat had an impact. Struggled from 8k to 10k but knew i had sub 35 in the bag.
Happy with the finish time and more so as most of the guys ran 45 secs to a min slower (Tucks 34.09, Fenton 34.12, Rich H 35.22 and Laura in 38.40.)
Looking forward to JP Morgan on Wed, apparently Timmy is running. I am looking forward to the match-up. Bring it on :)

Results

4 comments:

Tim said...

Well run Kanser old son, knew you had it in you mate,
Not sure about the match up now for JP seeing i am not a corporate giant and may not get a bib(thank God) :)
Great to see you back in full force.
cheers

David said...

Well run Dave
Good to see you getting back into form.

saint said...

As for the much anticipated matchup between Kanser and Timmy, I'd say Timmy should give Kanser a good 10-15 seconds. Given Timmy's recent flying form, and Kanser just getting his legs under him, surely it's only fair for a 15 second Kanser buffer?

I'll take Kanser and the 15 seconds for 50.

Tim said...

Stick to your baseball Saint :)