Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Getting back on Track

Took a week off after JP Morgan (ticked over during the week by getting to the gym - cross training and also did some spinning on the bike)

Got plenty of massage and even ventured to see the Butcher from Bondi on Wednesday evening which to be honest I never find that bad. I know Enda and Tom find it extremely painful. Not sure what it is but I tend to sleep during my deep tissue massage and it’s no different with the Butcher. He did a great job at releasing my calf.

Wed 16th: 9k run with Eamo
Thurs 17th: Same as Wednesday but pushed it a little harder
Fri 18th: Ran from Shelley Street over to the Physio in Milson’s point and ran back.
Sat 19th: 45 mins in centennial
Sun 20th: Out on my own for a long run, didn’t get out until after 2pm, happy to get through the session. 28k in 2hrs 8 mins.
Mon: Easy 10k
Tues: PT session with Grant in the morning. Ran into work and got out for a 6k tempo (held 3.38 pace). 1km warm up & 1km cool down.

Still have a few niggles, my back feels very stiff so I will continue to stretch and ramp up slowly in the next few weeks.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Hey Kanser, why was it you took the week off after JPM, did you have an injury or something ? Tell us more please :)