Friday, November 11, 2011

JP Morgan - 19.11

Keeping this one short, not one of my best races. Felt good going into the race but 500m into the race after going out pretty hard my calf cramped up (felt like a cramp you get in the middle of the night). I thought my race was over but somehow I managed to run through it without completely pulling the calf. Going into the race we thought we would win the 'Male event' but Swim Australia turned up with Brett Cartwright & Bradley Croker and they effectively put a minute into us. On a positive front I was in front of Enda (19.21) and Timmy (19.4x). Tim who rarely runs a poor race faded pretty badily in the second half. Spent the rest of the evening icing the calf. Got a massage yesterday and went to the physio today who told me to take 10 days off running :(

2 comments:

Superflake said...

Good run Dave. Pity about the calf strain.

David said...

It must be sweet to be putting Young Timmy back behind you! Well run, take 5 days and see how you are!