Monday, May 30, 2011

All roads lead to homebush

Well there was plenty of banter today via email among the HuRTs boys. Of course TImmy started the email chain looking for 30 seconds off everyone. I gave an honest assessment of what times I thought everyone would run.
For the record:
Tucks 32:50
Tom 32:58
Fenton 33:45
Binfield 33:58
Andy H 34:00
Rich H 34:20
Timmy 34:57
Rich P 35.10
Conway 36:10

Conway wasn't happy with my prediction for him but the reality is, he tends to crumble under pressure! He also hasn't raced this year at all. Tom and Tucks will need a group to push the pace if they are to run any faster, I suspect Tom thinks he has a chance of running a PB, If the weather is good and he doesn't have to do any work he's got a chance. Timmy will need to latch onto Ray or Fats, he can do it if he pushes the middle 3rd of the race. It will be a close call but the kid from Stoke can do it if he relaxes and enjoys the moment.
At lunch opted for a 30 mins spin session, then ran home adding an extra 25 mins on for 40 mins all up. Legs felt surprisingly good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

35.10 I should be placing a bet!

Unknown said...

Only ever been sub33 once so I'd be more than happy with that.

I think you're underestimating Rich H though, he's very strong in training and I doubt JF will beat him by 35s. He, Andy and JF will be very close I think.

Also think JB will be quicker. Don't be fooled by his time last week. He did the race mid-way through training session. And surely Richie P won't lay down for Timmy so easily!

Will be fascinating. Just hope the weather is good.

Tim said...

Kanser, Where you pulling these numbers from? Think you've been off the scene to long, Richie H will smash it, Richie P will smash me, and your a mile out with JB?
You didn't tell us your time - under or over 40 mins ????
Hear Flakey is out to smash you this week as well so my sources tell me? :)