Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The National

Thurs: 10k easy
Fri: 10k easy
Sat: Rest day
Sun: 2.5k dash to the start of the Sydney Half, arrived with 2 mins to spare, I was planning on running 95 mins but at 3k I was running about 90 mins. I ran even for the rest of the race and increased the pace slightly after 15k to run 88.20. Great to be back racing again. Enjoyed watching the boys (criniti, vlad, bateman, pod, enda and timmy) at the front. Great pb by Eamo (82.35) and Superflake early 83's. Both are running Christchurch marathon and hoping to run sub 3hrs. Based on their half pbs they should have no problem.
Mon: 10k running into the HuRT squad
Tues: 10k with some gentle speed work included (1k efforts by 5)
Sorry to disappoint but no movie reviews, in saying that I did pick up the National's new album 'High Violet' which is fantastic. It's a slow burner in the vein of the blue nile's 'Hats'. Still and all regardless of what the critics think I don't believe this masterpiece will bring the National to the masses which makes me happy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The National eh, Started to read it thinking about the Grand National Englands premier horse race over the sticks - and what do we get???..........Nothing.
No review again, That's it setting my own BLOG up this afternoon until then i'm flicking over to see what Tom's got to say on his site:)
BTW, Kanser, Top run Sunday, solid run and is that a PB for you ?

Superflake said...

Good to see you back Dave. Good luck to Eamo in Chrischurch. Hope I can get under 3hrs this time.