Sunday, May 9, 2010

6 months to New York

Mon: 10.5k easy easy...bumped into Tom for some of the run
Tues: Core session with Timmy with a little bit of running
Wed: 11k easy
Thurs: Core session with Timmy & Durante, 11k in the arvo
Fri: 11k easy
Sat: Timmy dropped over early and we ran to Centennial, plan was for 5k tempo, Timmy was very strong running 18.10, I actually surprised myself a little running 18.30, All up 11k and a good confidence booster...
Sun: Out early as Liv was walking the 4k mother's day classic for her Mam. So I ran 7k and then hooked up with Timmy, Tank and Roger for a long run. Struggled towards the end but managed to run 1hr 45 avging 4.46 pace approx 22 odd km. Got home to look after Cara Lily and then feed Timmy a big breaky.....he had about 10 cups of tea...;)
It's good to get a little consistency and with 6 months left, it's time to knuckle down and put in the work. I'm not getting carried away and will still take it easy but i am planning to add a little bit of structure to my program but i will be gentle on myself ;)
I really haven't been going to the flicks or watching many dvd's so I can't really post a movie review. I went to see Wilco last Saturday with Big Bear and even though I've seen them numerous times live I can understand why they are considered the best Alt Country Band on the planet. They rocked the joint....!!!
Picked up a few albums recently, Goldfrapp's Head First which is pretty good 7/10 but not as good as their previous album '7th Tree' (8.5/10) My daughter Cara Lily loved the previous album but seems to enjoy this one a little more. I was very impressed with the Doves offering last year 'Kingdom of Rust' so decided to pick up their 'best of album'. Some beautiful gems....! Which leads me to Fionn Regan, Irish singsong writer in the vein of Bob Dylan. I was very impressed with his debut in 2006 'End of History' 7.5/10 but even more impressed with his second offering 'Shadow of an Empire' 8/10. I hope the kid does well....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yawn..........After waiting weeks for a movie review the best we get is a run down on some Ronnie Regan flute dancer?????..Very ordinary.
Love the cups of tea mind(even if it was Homebrand teabags unlike the proper English Breakfast we get at Toms:))

Anonymous said...

Good to hear your running is getting better. See you at SMH.RP

Dave Kane aka 'Kanser' said...

Thanks Rich, see you on Sunday and cheers for the corporate suggestions