Monday, April 12, 2010

NEW YORK's calling...

Since my last post which has been over 2 months now it's really been stop/start on the running front. Flares up in the lower back, hip, calf...you name it......I've had it........!
In the last few weeks, I've had some improvement and I seem to be running relatively pain free so I think it's time to start blogging again ;) I suppose for the injured out there you'd like to know what's got me back on the road. I love to tell you but I've gone to many different physios, had acupuncture and went to see a chiro's ...so i wouldn't be able to tell you but lately I've just had a feeling that it's time to get back on the road again.
Whatsmore I got an email in my inbox last week informing me that i've been accepted into the New York marathon on the 7th Nov 2010. Even with my current state of fitness I should have plenty of time (208 days to go) to get in shape for the big race.
Out today for an easy 10.6k with Eamo & Craig Berger. Avg pace 4.30. Met Tom at the top of hickson road who ran with us for approx 6.5k of it...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to see you back mate. 10 weeks of consecutive long Sunday runs is my litmus test as to when it starts to feel comfortable again.

Unknown said...

Dave, great to hear you are back and look forward to a sub 2.40 in New York.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kanser, Great to have you back, Whats been the problem? Have you been injured? Anyway bugger New York, Whats the latest on the MOVIE review:)
Cheers

Superflake said...

Great to see Kanser is on the road again. Hope you can hold your body together for a good run at New York. Movies please?