Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Getting back into it...

Mon 1st Feb:
Cross training session that included 15 min tempo on the bike, 10 mins on the rower and a 30 min focusing on upper body strength.
Tues: 40 min easy & glut and core work
Wed: 40 min easy & glut and core work
Thurs:
Morning circuit with Timmy and Durante
I was planning another easy 40 mins with Sam from work when we bumped into Tucks and the boys running 2k reps. I decided to run a 2k rep and surprisingly felt comfortable running 3.35 pace (7.10 rep). I jogged easy for another 2km and then ran another 2k rep avg'ing 3.38 pace. That evening I met up with the boys (Tom, Tucks & Thurston) for a few beers and my left glut was pretty sore. I know it's too early for speedwork and i should have listened to Dave Sweeney...but it's pretty hard to hold back
Fri & Sat: Some easy cycling with some glut and core work and lots of stretching.
Sun: Gym session - weights, core, gluts, ecliptir and bike
Mon: Too busy at work so nothing...
Tues: 35 mins easy, will be interesting to see how I recover but felt fine on the run. Stretched plenty afterwards...
Great to see District 9 grab an Oscar nomination. I really enjoyed that movie. I'm hoping there are no prawns in Jo'burg when I get there in March.

3 comments:

Superflake said...

Your glute was sore on Thursday from sitting on the bar stool. Good to see you training again.

Unknown said...

So have the prawns arrived in Jo'burg? Or is Macquarie not letting you go until the end of the week?

Dave Kane aka 'Kanser' said...

Ther boys and girls arrived on Monday. I've just arrived...wrecked...but ready to party like it's 1999!!!
Did you chat to Krist about New York...you got to get on board...!!