Monday, April 26, 2010

From Boston to London

I got up to watch Boston on Monday evening. 2 great races and a great course record by Cheruiyot 2.05.52 smashing the previous record by well over a minute. Ryan Hall ran steady but couldn't cope with the constant surging in the race. He ended up finishing 4th and running the fastest time (2.08.41) by an American on the Boston course. It really puts think Deek's 2.07 in '86 on a hilly Boston course in perspective. The women's race was a tight affair with only a 3 second differential. It was a gusty run by the Ethiopian to hold off the Russian. Great running by Clyde who ran 2.47, looking forward to his account of the race.
I watched London live last night and I must admit I was slightly disappointed as Kebede ran away from the field with about 10k left, the women's race was a little closer but with 3k left the Russian stormed away to victory. Great run by my friend Bron 3.45...super debut run.
After struggling with a viral infection, I managed to get out for an easy 8k on Thurs and Friday. On Saturday, I got out for an easy 12k with a 5k tempo effort in the middle (couldn't even hold 4m/k (averaged 4.02m/k). Met Timmy and Tank who were finishing an 8k tempo and I ran an easy lap of centenntial with them.
On Sunday, I got out for 1 hr 20 mins with Timmy and the Tank averaging 4.48 pace....good to be back out for Sunday long runs...

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Nice run by Clyde. 82:55/84.52. Get rid of that virus and the tempo will be easier.