Thursday, August 6, 2009

Struggling..

Mon: 50 mins easy, calf still tight...
Tues: Out with the HuRT squad for 10 by 3 mins, I ran with Serg and Andy. The reps started out at 3.22 pace. We seem to lift the pace slightly for each subsequent rep. So running from 3.12 to 3.18 for most of the reps. Calf was tight even though I stretched during for each standing recovery.
Ran home 4k

Wed: 50 mins easy, calf still tight...

Thurs: 8 by 400m, the reps were covered in 72-74 secs. Very strange session as I felt like going faster but was afraid I'd pull my calf. After work I got a massage so hopefully that will give me a chance to get to the start line in the C2S. I will make a call on Saturday...even though the C2S is my favourite race, I never seem to get to the start line 100% fit, last year I had a cold, 2 years ago I got to the start line with the help of a cortisone injection. I can't remember what was wrong with me back in 2005...

2 comments:

Superflake said...

You will still run sub 50 with a dodgy calf. See you on Sunday!

Anonymous said...

You should be a poker player........