Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Recovery and HuRT session

Mon:
Out with the boys (Matt, Serg, Andy, Rich, 6foot Charlie, Timmy and a few more guys) for a 15k run at lunch. The pace was a little quicker than normal as 6fooot charlie was practising his half marathon pace. At the opera hse gates, Serg and I took off and ran a couple of 4m/k. The avg according to Timmy (who cut it short in the domain) was around 4.08 pace.

Tues (14 by 3 mins off 60 secs)
Very big crowd today (Conway, Fast Charlie, Serg, Tucks, Rich High, Andy, John Binfield, Ray, Enda, Chris and many more people I just don't know). I spoke to Tucks beforehand and we felt 3.25 would give us an honest workout. Tucks was all talk as he went straight to the front and hit 3.20 for the 1st rep. We ran the remaining reps between 3.17 and 3.21 pace, Serg surprised me completing 12 reps, Fast Charlie finished up after 10 as did the majority of the squad. Rich High was strong at the front (but of note did not run long on Sunday). Andy is getting stronger, John loves going to the front at the start of each rep. Tucks ran at the front for the first couple and as his names suggests tucked into the pack for the remaining reps apart from the last one. I told Serg I wouldn't push the last one but 200m into the rep, Tucks created a gap of about 5-10m and I couldn't resist and pushed it to gates to avg 3.03 for the last rep running along side Tucks. Good session, warmed down with Tucks and Thurston.
Thoughts are now turning to the Sydney half and the 10k in North Head....i am also considering the half in Christchurch OR the 10k down in Sandown....just let's put the work in and then make a call.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Serg Suprised me too !

Qoute of the day From you Dave.

"no way I'll go hard on the last one"

Dave Kane aka 'Kanser' said...

Serg - I was surprised as you struggled on the initial rep so I was thinking you'd never make it to 12....your getting there..