Friday, May 15, 2009

Calf issue

After a decent week of training (10k on Monday, 8k Tues and an 800 session, 1 hr 30 min on Wed), I strained my calf in the middle of a 400 session. To be honest I wasn't even running that hard but obviously the body was a little tired and stress resulted in a strain. So no Sydney half at the weekend which is a pity as I was looking forward to running it hard .Physio told me to rest for 4-6 days and then easy back into running for 10 days before embarking on any speedwork. I am unsure if I will front up for the Gold Coast marathon as I've just got too much on my plate at the moment.
Best of luck to all the HuRT squad who will be running the half, I reckon Tucks will be the 1st home from HuRT squad. Durante has been struggling with a cold and will probably use it as a tempo. It will be interested to see how Thurston goes, it's his first half on a tough course. Hopefully he will run well...

2 comments:

Greg Cassis said...

Sorry to hear about the calf. I can highly recommend following physios orders :-)
Take it easy and you'll be back out before you know it.
Cheers
GReg

Superflake said...

Bad luck about the calf mate. Hope it responds to the rest and you come back soon to racing.