Friday, November 5, 2010

New York New York...

Arrived safe and sound, actually slept for quite a bit of the journey and Timmy will be glad to hear I saw a few movies..Toy Story 3 which was a cut above the rest, Knight and Day and Salt were both average and really enjoyed 'the kids are alright'...!!!
The current Australian marathon holder 'Deek' was also on the plane, he's been coaching a few indigenous kids for the NY marathon. You'll be very surprised I didn't even chat to him...left him alone...I'm glad he didn't remember me after the Striders award dinner a few years back. Apparently I wouldn't let him out of my sight....!!
Hooked up a friend from home for a 40 mins easy on Tuesday, 45 mins Wed (20 min tempo in the middle) and 45 mins easy today. I've been struggling with the plantar but at this stage hopefully I will get through the race...On Tues, i spotted last years winner Meb going through his final paces and today Ryan Hall was running with wife.
In relation to a predicted time, I will approach it like Dubai and run comfortable until 5k and see what pace that is....I actually think if I chase a time I will set myself up for failure.
Given where I've come from in the last few months I'll be happy if I break 3hrs...really looking forward to it now...!!
Best of luck to Terence, Tim Craddock and Andy Heyden in the 100k at the weekend and I'll also be watching the 10k results from homebush and lane cove with interest...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Plan sounds very sensible. Try and enjoy it and good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Dave. Have a good run. RP

Superflake said...

2:48 for you Dave. Good luck.