Monday, August 16, 2010

Getting back on track

Ok, I haven't blogged in a while but I have been running ;) I'm sure you've been reading the 'tales and trash' from Timmy's blog. On the racing front, I ran 36.42 at Lane Cove 31/7 and 53.10 in the C2S. I was pretty happy with my 10k race as it was a significant improvement on my homebush time. C2S was all about getting through the race without getting smashed up and protecting my hip as it's been niggling me for a while now.
Last week, I ran 10k easy every day, yesterday I ran 1hr 57 with young Timmy covering 26k. We took it relatively easy at the start and pushed it for the 2nd half and was pretty happy to get through it unscathed. With 12 weeks left to New York, I will ramp up on my long runs & tempo efforts.
Today I ran into work and met up with the HuRT squad at lunch for an easy 10k...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

...........Is that it? Waited 3 long weeks for that.....Poor:)
You forgot to mention that you needed oxygen and on a drip for an hour after the 10ks before demolishing the post race breakfast cakes!

Anonymous said...

Good to see an update Dave. And good news on the running front. All go for New York. RP

David Criniti said...

Hey mate,

Just thought I'd pop in and add some best wishes for your build towards NY.

Let me know next time you'll be at a Striders 10k or some other run, 'cause I've still got to return your book, mag and Leonard Cohen CD.

Dave

Dave Kane aka 'Kanser' said...

Dave - i will be at North Head on Sat...see u there...